About Me

My photo
welcome to my blog where the aim is to empower and uplift each other.

Friday 3 March 2017


Namaste good peeps
Do you know that feeling when you think you have finally met the one, finally found potential bae, future husband basically your everything but then reality happens and you realize that all the baecations, dinner dates and shopping sprees you could have had won’t happen because you lack that Tlaudi thing. My loves don’t feel embarrassed about it, I was also a victim but now I’m stronger because I survived which means you also will.

You are probably asking yourself what catfishing is well people don’t stress catfishing is basically luring someone into a relationship by pretending to be someone you not.


How does one get catfished


Catfishing happens in many ways honeys and it’s certainly not a victimless crime and I won’t lie there are many problems caused by it.
1.  If they can tell that you are vulnerable
2. Disclosing intimate information easily and always willing to help no matter the   situation.

Dangers of catfishing
catfishers don’t know the dangers they cause not just the dangers but also the damage they do, the danger that stood out for me when that looser catfished me was emotional damage it’s dangerous because it involves all the raw emotions associated with love and relationships because here I was thinking I’ve found my prince charming LOL even planned my wedding that’s how serious I thought it was I was so emotionally invested to that hypocrite.
The damage they cause can even lead to suicide I won’t lie people I considered that I was so embarrassed, angry at myself I felt so dirty and cheap.


How to prevent it


 By not giving out personal information no matter how whipped you are.
Don’t trust anyone especially if you don’t know them from face to face encounters the way people lie these days it’s on another level even politicians can’t compete with these lies we are told people.
Less emoji’s more face time tell potential bae to show you his face.
Remember that there is no such thing as the perfect person if it looks too good to be true than it probably is child trust your instincts.


Where can you go for help
The nice thing is that we are students but if you are not its fine no need to panic because I’ve got you boo.
Students can call or text the cyberbullyhotline any time, day or night isn’t that cool or call saveTnet they are always ready to help. 

31 comments:

  1. Thank you lala.
    I know now where I can go for help if I think I am being catfished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pleasure remember always check who you talking too because people always have agendas.

      Delete
  2. This information is very helpful now I know how to spot out a catfish when I see one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm glad I could help and save you from all the pain you could go through.

      Delete
    2. Wow thank you for alerting us, I never thought about this before well, I find this newsworthy

      Delete
    3. I'm glad I could help because not so many people are aware of this.

      Delete
  3. Your blog is very informative .Especially on the companies that I can go for help as I didn't know them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and the nice thing is that there are always willing to help anytime.

      Delete
  4. This is heartbreaking. Just plays with peoples feelings...smh

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is heartbreaking that's why you must always be on the look out for such people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really shocking at how many people out there are being catfished and they dont even know it especially if so much emotions are invested in it. Thank you for sharing your story I hope it will inspire others to be safe when using the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mapule i also pray and hope that people will be more aware of the dangers surrounding them and the people they befriend

      Delete
    2. Lol you talking from experience,I strongly agree that Catfishing it's quite nice,romantic but most of all it's dangerous. Thanks for making such alerts that will help us be aware on the internet specifically on social networks.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Doctor yes we shouldn't allow strangers to sell us dreams and also we shouldn't allow ourselves to love people we have never even met.

      Delete
  7. Its all fun and expensive gitfs until you realize how much danger you could be in... Thanx for the information

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and then you realize those gifts were not worth it because they could cost you your life.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find the dangers of the subject matter discussed relevant and informative.thanks for the awareness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mpho Lephuthi I'm Glad you feel like that.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for informing us.There are a lot of people who didn't know how to deal with catfishing,I hope they will also get to see this.

      Delete
    3. pleasure is all mine Fikile the joy i get when helping someone lets hope everyone will get to see this.

      Delete
  10. thank you for informing us i wish someone could have informed me earlier before i felt for that catfisher the way that guy lied to me and i believed everything he said the problem started when we had to meet he kept giving me lame excuses all the time but now im over it the only problem is the nudes i sent him im not sure what will that pervert do with them but thanks for this at-least i know im not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my pleasure MD and im sorry you had to go through that to learn that not everyone has good intentions when it comes to love and the nudes lets hope he wont use them to catfish someone else.. be better and strong everything will work out.

      Delete
  11. Indeed cat fishing is really a serious matter many people face but afraid to speak it out.Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with this helpful information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you find this information helpful Audrey and i hope people would stop being afraid and speak about such things so that more awareness could be generated.

      Delete
  12. lol kill me again please..you know what you have went through is practically what I have went through, thinking that I have found that one guy ive been waiting for my whole life,whom I will love and cherish for the rest of my life, only to find out that the guy was just a hypocrite who pretended to be someone he was not even close to be like.The disappointment nearly killed me,but thank you again for reminding us that lunatics still do exists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Neo i"m glad I have someone who shares the same views and experiences when it comes to catfishing these guys were never ready for us because we are now stronger then ever and we must never allow them to do this to us ever again.

      Delete
  13. Lol ey this BAE thing is killing us honestly. it is painful to invest all your feelings and then boom! bye-bye fun and "love", the time I was cat fished that person ended up stalking me because I stopped talking to him, because he didn't want us to or let alone send me his pictures, and I thought to myself this is not real let's forget about it but that lead to being stalked by my catfisher.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great read,too many people miss the fact that cat-fishing is motivated by revenge,loneliness,curiosity and boredom. What may be an "escape" or a game to one person can quickly filter into the real lives of teens and young adults.This matter can destroy lot of people,so i'm glad you trying to prevent this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im glad you enjoyed it Mbali and i hope you learned something from this im glad i could help save a life

      Delete
  15. hahahaha Nomvuyo at least you tried to be the runaway girl but not for long me I couldn't stay away from the guy I knew something was wrong but still I just didn't want to admit it but at the end I got over that creep and he didn't even try to contact me cause he knew I was ready for him.

    ReplyDelete